Sunday, April 1, 2007

Custom order fun!


This past week has been a lot of fun for me. Starting with the sale of Brady last Sunday night! He was such a joy to create and as it turns out, he's going to be an international traveler as he will be making his way to New Zealand! I've traded several emails with his new Mommy and she is such a wonderful person - I just know he's going to have a wonderful and spoiled life with her.

I'm currently working on two custom orders. Both of these are the Luca kits. It's a lot of fun to make two different dolls from the same kit - they look so different even though they started from the exact same mold. Hair color, blush, veins, eye color and everything else that makes custom dolls truly one of a kind creations. It's almost as if you can see their individual personalities beginning to emerge. I sometimes wonder if that personality has always been there and I'm just the one allowing it to emerge... so cute!

Doing custom orders adds a fun challenge for me because I need to listen to the person's wishes for all of the details that makes the doll just what they want and still include my personal touches that make the doll a Bit of Whimsy creation. Trading ideas with each of the ladies I'm making these dolls for has been a lot of fun and I know these dolls are going to loving homes before they're even done.

The picture that accompanies this post is a work in progress of both custom orders. For now, I'm calling them Bambi and Miss Bunny...

2 comments:

quiltdude said...

Hi thanks for leaving me a comment. Looking forward to seeing your reborns evolve.
X Clare

Anonymous said...

Good words.